Friday, June 24, 2011

Welcome to the world RSA!

Raiden Scott Adams...
was born Tuesday, June 21st @ 8:02 pm. He weighed 8 lbs 3 oz, 21 inches long.

After two weeks of being dilated to a 4.5 cm and about 80% effaced, the Doctor asked if we would like them to break my water and be induced. We decided to go in Tuesday morning, our actual due date was Thursday, the 23rd.
We went in and had the doctor break my water about 10:30 am. Around 1:20 pm they started pitocin as I wasn't having strong enough contractions yet. Around 5 pm, I finally started feeling the contractions and they got strong fast. I had 1.5 doses of Stadol once the contractions got strong. After standing up for a few more contractions, I finished dilating and baby dropped into position and was ready. Doctor Coleman came in around 7:40 pm got set up and I pushed for 10 minutes.

Since I wasn't laboring in the wee hours of the morning this time around, it was great to be fully awake and my body knew what to expect too.
Dad went home to get Cohen, who had just gone to bed. Cohen was VERY excited to see baby brother and Mommy. My mom had gone to get McD's as I was starving and craving Chicken nuggets. Cohen tried to give Raiden a cookie and when we told Cohen, Raiden only eats milk, he then tried to share some chocolate milkshake with his baby brother.
We came home around 5 pm the next day. It was great to get home. We are all adjusting to our new life as a family of 4 and we LOVE it.

5 comments:

Juli said...

I love the brother picture! Congrats!!

Tyson said...

Congrats! He is adorable. Get some sleep!

Super B said...

Great job! And no epidural! Although, I was given Stadol after Eve was born (to help me relax and get my BP down) I didn't like it. It made me super loopy. How was it for you?
So glad all went well. I love the name. Many blessings to you all!

diaryofaredhead said...

What a beautiful family. He is adorable! I love his name.

Heather K said...

He is adorable. I like his name too! CONGRATS! Glad you're all doing well. I can't believe you showed up for church already! Superwoman!