Sunday, March 11, 2012

Idaho Falls

TJ attended an IMLA Conference in Idaho Falls this past weekend.  He ended up with his own room with a King size bed, so we got to tag along.  We headed over Thursday after school and got back Saturday night.  I think TJ was regretting us coming since Raiden didn't sleep well, therefore, TJ and I didn't sleep well.  But despite not much sleep the boys and I were able to have some fun in town.  We went to the Museum of Idaho, where they had a cool Dinosaur Exhibit as well as the Idaho History section.  Cohen loves Dinosaur Train on PBS, so he enjoyed every minute of it.


















We went by the LDS Visitor's Center at the Idaho Falls Temple.  We also stopped by DI and the bookstore and found a few books.  While in Idaho Falls, I found a Preparedness Store and bought a hand wheat grinder for my food storage.  I can now start using my wheat and bake some bread.

We spent some time on the greenbelt along the river and feed the ducks and geese.  Cohen loved chasing the birds around.  He was excited to find a playground at a park to play with lots of kiddos.  Cohen and I were able to go swimming at the hotel while Raiden took a nap in the afternoon.  He loves the water.


We were able to see a couple of Black Bear Cubs from Yellowstone Bear World.  They were visiting a local shop for the weekend.


TJ was happy to stop on our way home at the Army Surplus Warehouse and just look around.  We were all tired when we got home, but it was a fun adventure.

1 comment:

Juli said...

Fun trip! That bear is so cute. I know what you mean about no sleep. I can't wait to have 3 boys who sleep through the night. I only have one who is consistent right now!