Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ancestry.com

TJ and I have enjoyed expounding upon our family histories. We have had the opportunity to use Ancestry.com on many occasions. A gracious friend's mother has allowed us to use her account to search and then I made contact with a second cousin that gave me full rights to her Ancestry account to upload our family connection. At that time we fell in love with Ancestry.com. There are many valuable features associated with ancestry that makes searching family history fun and relatively easy.

We have now decided to get our own Ancestry account and create our family tree, allowing it to be searchable by others so we can hopefully find more wonderful family connections. We can also make sure we have all of the available historical records connected to each person in our family line.

I made contact with a long lost childhood friend who works for Ancestry, she's planning on giving us a 50% discount for a year subscription come Christmas. In the mean time, we have signed up for a 3 month subscription and our parents have so graciously agreed to help us pay for the account. WooHoo!!! We're on our way to finding more history about OUR ancestors.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That rules! How much is an account? I have heard great things about the site. Give us updates on how things go!

Allison said...

Hey guys! How's it going? TJ... it's been forever! We just joined the rank of bloggers. Check it out! Talk to you later!

Allison