Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dutch Oven Cooking

There are a group of individuals that absolutely love to use their dutch ovens to cook dinner. So, once a month we get to taste a variety of dutch oven dinners.

The first few times we attended, we brought juice and dessert. For January, I was making rice crispy treats and TJ thought it would be fun to put them in our dutch oven. So, I did. Needless to say, we got the "grease jar" prize. The worst dutch oven item, since you technically don't make those in a dutch oven.

Since we brought our clean dutch oven, they were able to make up a yummy cobbler with our "extra" dutch oven. We love those kinds of dinners.

5 comments:

Jay and Camille said...

You ate kids for dinner?! You best put your child up for adoption :)
I love dutch oven! So yummy. We may have to start that here.

T3 said...

oops. Thanks Cam, I do love kids, but not for dinner. :P

Juli said...

Maybe you can show me how to use a dutch oven someday. We bought one but I still haven't cooked in it.

Steve and Nicolle said...

Wow, that's a new one. Here's a veteran tip, never cook anything sticky in a dutch oven. Since Dutch Ovens are only supposed to be cleaned with warm water anything sticky is a real PAIN to clean.

Many adventures to you and your dutch oven.

The Klock Family said...

I've been wanting a Dutch Oven bad! BTW, I saw Sarah Rogers yesterday - we both work out at the YMCA!