So, I read the article on consumerist.com about how one of the three credit reporting agencies will be pulling away from offering their info on myFICO.com to consumers on Feb. 13th. This jogged my memory that I had not looked at my FICO credit score in the last 4 years or so. The last time I looked, I was at a 720. For the uninitiated, the range is 300-850. I was pretty proud of my old score and wanted to see where things were at now. I didn't want to use my real credit card, since the 30 day trial will charge you if you forget to cancel before the time is up [did that once]. That's when I remembered the debit card that our wonderful State Farm rep gave us. It's only got $5 on it, but the numbers are sufficient to pass the sign up test.
So, last night Tennille and I both signed up. I was pretty excited to find that I now have a 776. Aside from braggin rights, this means that I qualify for the cheapest interest rates possible on loans. Then we looked up Tennille's score.... she has an 805. While my score is better than 75% of the country, Tennille pretty much smokes everyone in the country. This is mainly due to the fact she has been on a credit card with her mom for the last 14 years, while I signed up for my own only 8 years ago. This info should help us as we begin to look for homes here in town.
Saturday, February 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Woohoo! Yeah, last time we checked, ours was about the same as yours, TJ. That will help you out a ton when buying a home. And property prices in ID are probably sweet!
Great scores! Mine is the same as yours TJ. I can't believe Tennille has over 800. That's very cool. I've been trying to get there forever. I've never had anything negative on my credit but I didn't get my first credit card until I was almost 20.
Post a Comment