Monday, February 16, 2009

Welcome to Idaho

It is official, Tennille and I are Idahoans. Yes, we both became citizens several years ago while going to school, but it is just now that we have sufficiently passed a few unofficial tests to induct us into the good ol' boys [and girls] club.

What brought about this change? Step one, go to a gun show on Valentines day... together. Step two, buy something while there. We selected a Sig Sauer Mosquito .22, example below:


Step three, go out and test the new purchase. Step four, when the thing doesn't like the cheap ammo you bought, convince two other guys to help you out on Valentines day. Step five, after fixing the problem, shoot guns that work perfectly fine just because you can. The recently purchased [by one of the other guys] Mossberg 500 Bullpup was an excellent treat.

This is a better view of the gun than the video will show



As if all this wasn't enough, today we completed steps six and seven. Step six, go shoot a gun at nothing other than dirt and rocks for the 4th time in a 7 day period. Step seven, shoot a fully automatic weapon. The weapon in this case is an M4 Carbine used locally by the SWAT team. The first video is of an undisclosed officer of the peace on his M4, while the second is me, for the first time ever, on his M4.






What a fun week it has been!

Update:
There are naysayers out there that claim my awesomeness with full auto is derived from the fact that I used the "forearm handle." Yes, I did use the handle, and yes the SWAT officer did not. The handles are relatively new to the force, so he is not yet used to them. I concede. If all things were equal, he likely would have done better than I. In the future I hope to test out my abilities without the "sissy bar" as it were.

6 comments:

Michael Adams said...

;O

Krystal said...

why a true idahoan to own a gun? canadians that threatening, ay?

Steve and Nicolle said...

It's not the Canadians we're scared of, its the Californians, environmentalists, and democrats. With enough guns maybe we can keep them out.

AlwaysMee said...

A: I hope you clean up after yourselves.

B: Do not under estimate the experience of using a computer to target practice.

Julie said...

Oh Sam is so jealous!!

Juli said...

Sounds like fun. Congrats on the new gun! Sean has a sig sauer. He loves it.