Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Loss of a Loved One

My grandma passed away last night and as I reflect on her life I'm grateful for the time I had to spend with her, even though it wasn't often. While I was at college, I was able to road trip it across Washington and visit with her a number of times. Those will be precious memories for me. The picture is from March 2008, the last time I saw her.

It has been wonderful finding out firsthand about her life history. It was fun scanning photos from her albums and recieving her journal about when her family moved to Alaska on the boat made by her father. As a wedding present from her, I received many crocheted dollies, table cloths and a bedspread made by my great-grandma Walker and great-grandma Putvin. She also gave me some antique glass vases. I feel very fortunate to have received these family heirlooms. My grandma was also a wonderful artists, and I hope to have a couple of her lovely oil paintings.

I know grandma has returned home, to our Father in Heaven. She will no longer be in pain, but at peace and rest. I love you grandma; you will be missed, but I know I shall see you again.

4 comments:

AlwaysMee said...

My condolences to you and your family. My Grandpa just passed away as well. These feelings can be mixed. Sad they are no longer with us. Grateful to know they are at rest.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, about your Grandma. It is hard when you lose a loved one, but at least we know that they are in a better place. I love ya, and am thinking about you. I hope everything is going well.
Heather.

Juli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juli said...

Sorry for your loss Tennille. I’m glad you have many great memories of her. She looks like a really special and talented lady.