Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cohen at 8 weeks


I've heard it all before... "They grow up so fast... just enjoy them while they are small...."

I thought I understood that, but I didn't. Since our last post on the little guy, he has added a huge range of things to his standard operating procedure.

Cohen now smiles easily at people when he is happy. He has discovered that his arms can be controlled, much like his head. He can be coaxed into a grin when you play with his arms. I "sing" head, shoulders, knees, and toes with him many times a day. He is almost at the point where he recognizes that he can use his feet at will too. The rolling has continued, but after plopping off the couch, we don't encourage it as much.... we like being able to just set him down and get stuff done without having to build a bunker for him to sit in.

Cohen has also stopped crying for most of his attempts at expelling gas from either end. This has cut his daily crying time in half. In addition to this, he has been sleeping 4-6 hour stretches at night.

No comments: