Thursday, February 17, 2011

We have a climber on our hands

So, I had a bad sinus cold this past week and we have been watching lots of Disney movies over and over.  Cohen has been pretty good for me.  We even all skipped church on Sunday.  On Monday after lunch, I was ready for nap time.  After a few books, Cohen still wasn't ready for his nap, but I pleaded with him through my tears because I was done.  I laid him down and took a shower.  I could hear him talking to himself quietly and thought hopefully he'll be out soon.  I laid down on the couch and a few minutes later I hear knock, knock, knock coming from Cohen's bedroom door.  I opened the door and Cohen was standing there with a smile looking at me.  I couldn't believe he had gotten out of his crib, so I put him back in and out he came again.

When I told TJ about it that night, he said we have to get that on camera.  The next day, Cohen was trying to climb into his crib and was successful, but only with the rail down. I grabbed the camera to catch him in the act as he climbed back out with the rail up. Here's our little climber.....



I think we will be transferring over to the toddler bed within the month.  If he is tired enough, he will stay in his crib and go to sleep.

In other news, we will start potty training next week.  He loves his potty chair and has gone pee once already in it, so....here's to wishing and hoping for success.

3 comments:

Kierstin said...

That's talent!

Cody still hasn't been able to get out yet. It could be because he hasn't figured out how to take off his socks at nap time, and he wears feety pajamas to bed. AND I took off the bumper because he was just standing/squishing it.

Good luck with potty training and the toddler bed move!

Adam & Rachel said...

He used so much control as he climbed over the side. Wow. I guess that Spencer is only a few months behind.

Unknown said...

What an awesome video clip! No doubt that he was in control the whole time...at least he didn't get into a jar of Vicks Vapor Rub, and put it all over him, eyes, nose, mouth, etc. as his Uncle Ty once did when he climb out of his crib onto a shelf above his crib!