I had the opportunity of taking my niece to tour the ISU campus in Pocatello. She's going into nursing and wanted to tour the campus to get a feel for the University before commiting 100% to ISU. It was so fun to be back on a college campus. Somedays I really miss my time in college at the University of Idaho and the friends I made there. We were both really impressed with the overall feel and look of campus. It's been said, Pocatello is the armpit of Idaho. The city itself is not impressive, but ISU feels like home...a welcoming campus community. They have so many cheap/free activities for the students. On-campus housing is really nice (at least at the new building). When she meet with her pre-nursing advisor, things got real. College is hard, but can be so much fun and rewarding too. After spending the day on campus, we headed to the bookstore to get hoodies for the newest ISU Bengal.
It's going to be so fun having her close. I'm hoping she will come over for Thanksgiving with us, unless she meets some cool friends who invite her over to their parents. Sometimes it's really hard having my family up in Alaska still. My mom is close, but both brothers & families still live in Alaska. I haven't seen one brother in about 6 years. But now with Aly attending college here in Idaho, my oldest brother will be down here to Idaho more too. Happy Day!
Sunday, April 07, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment