Saturday, December 06, 2008

A Movie for 2 cans of Food

About a month ago, the local movie theater showed 3 movies, four times each throughout the day. The admission price was 2 cans of food per person, per movie, per showing. We went to the 3rd showing and they were almost "sold out," if you will.

We decided to see Horton Hears a Who. We were the only adults there without children, but we completely enjoyed the movie. I've always enjoyed Dr. Seuss books, especially now that I'm older and truly understand the messages within their pages. Horton repeats "A person's a person, no matter how small." Sometimes I think we forget that statement. We forget that we are all God's children and we need to treat others with love and respect no matter who they are.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It's great to see how creative companies can get to help out during the holidays. Glad you enjoyed the movie and you are right it is always a good reminder that everyone is important no matter who they are.

Juli said...

I can't wait for Wyatt to see that movie. We just missed it at the theater. We all love Dr. Seuss too! How's the pregnancy going?

tara said...

Hey Tenielle. this is Tara Webb. Hope it's okay to check you guys out.