Sunday, August 24, 2008

First Day of School

Ah, the first days of school. What an exciting day...or rather stressful and nerve racking. TJ starts teaching his first class of students tomorrow. A group of 26 6th graders are anxiously anticipating what their new teacher will teach them this year. He has been busily working on lesson plans and preparing his classroom. Last Friday, he was able to meet about 1/2 of his students and their parents.

I will also start school tomorrow. I will be an ELL/Title 1 para educator at the elementary school nearby taking small groups of the younger students to work on reading and math skills. It will be a new experience for me.

4 comments:

AlwaysMee said...

I greatly appreciate good paraprofessionals. Good luck to both of you on your first day of school

Carissa said...

Wow, congratulations to both of you, you will have to update and tell us how the teaching is going!

Missy! said...

Busy, busy, busy. But you wouldn't like it any other way of course!

Missy! said...

PS-I tagged you Tennille. Check out my blog.