
Throughout my childhood, I have enjoyed biking and participating in various outdoor activities. Fortunately, I married a man that also enjoys being out in the great outdoors and biking.
Last summer, for our 1st Anniversary, we went camping in Montana. To start our weekend, we biked the Hiawatha Trail. The Route of the Hiawatha Rail-Trail is a 17 mile 2% grade trail that takes you through nine cavernous tunnels (one of which is 1.66 miles long, right under the Idaho/Montana state line) and over seven high trestles, past waterfalls and ridge top vistas. This was the start of the long tunnel which was rather dark, thus needed head lamps as we biked through the cool damp tunnel. The whole trail was a breathtaking adventure and made for a great lasting memory.
During our weekend adventures, we also hiked up a mountain to the upper of two lakes, and after eating our picnic lunch, swam in the glacier lake, brr... On our drive home, we stopped to take a mine tour and panned for gold, only to find garnets and amethyst. But we still had a grand adventure celebrating our first year of marriage and look forward to camping this summer.
3 comments:
That sounds like so much fun. I wish it wasn't so hot here. I miss doing stuff in the great outdoors:)
Wow, that sounds like fun! Enjoy this time while you can! Nate and I played tennis tonight, but we spent more time keeping Cameron out of trouble than we did actually playing! I am excited for our kids to be old enough to take hiking and camping.
Hey darlin,
We are down south too! O yeah this is Kathryn yearsley. hehe Come check out our blog too. love ya tons
Post a Comment