Saturday, June 21, 2008

Job Search

Ah, the joys of searching for a job. We finally realized it's time to grow up and join the work force, since TJ graduated in May with a degree in Elementary Education. Now, it's time to find that perfect job...well, maybe for now we'll just settle for a job! We have certainly learned patience and the importance of prayer during this time.

Some school districts only post jobs for a week, another won't return your emails or phone calls, and another won't give you an interview, even after student teaching in two of their schools. The market is just that crowded right now. However, TJ does have a phone interview Monday with a principal for their 4th or 6th grade position.

We are very hopeful and optimistic that we will get a full time teaching position for the 2008-09 school year.

Update: The phone interview went great and I should know if I have been accepted sometime later this week.

1 comment:

Juli said...

I'm sure you'll find something soon. Are you only looking in Idaho?